|CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT DAWNA CNOTA|
Chief Master Sergeant Dawna M. Cnota is the Command Chief Master Sergeant for the 355th Fighter Wing at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz. She advises the installation commander on matters influencing the health, morale, welfare, readiness and effective utilization of more than 4,000 enlisted Airmen. Chief Cnota is also the installation functional manager for the base's 26 first sergeants and serves on committees developing and implementing Air Force policies and programs that positively impact the quality of life for more than 9,000 Airmen, civilian employees and family members who work and live on the installation.
Chief entered the Air Force in June 1986. Her background includes experience in law enforcement, nutrition therapy, military training, and first sergeant. She has deployed in support of Operations JOINT ENDEAVOR, IRAQI FREEDOM, ENDURING FREEDOM and NEW DAWN.
1989 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory Course, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
1998 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Peterson AFB, Colo.
2002 Associate in Applied Science degree, Food and Nutritional Medicine, Community College of the Air Force
2003 Associate in Applied Science degree, Criminal Justice, Community College of the Air Force
2003 Associate in Applied Science, Education and Training Management, Community College of the Air Force
2004 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Gunter Annex, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2006 Associate in Applied Science degree, Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force
2009 Chief's Leadership Course, Gunter Annex, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2011 Bachelor of Science degree, Social Psychology, Park University, Mo.
2011 Enterprise Management Seminar, University of Virginia, Darden School of Business
1. June 1986 - August 1986, trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. August 1986 - September 1986, student,, Law Enforcement Technical Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. September 1986 - October 1988, Security Police Apprentice, 513th Security Police Squadron, Royal Air Force Mildenhall, United Kingdom
4. October 1988 - November 1989, Security Police Journeyman, 1606th Security Police Squadron, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
5. December 1989 - February 1990, student, Diet Therapy Specialist, Lowry AFB, CO, Sheppard AFB, Texas
6. May 1990 - May 1996, Diet Therapy Craftsman, 59th Nutritional Medicine Squadron, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, Texas
7. May 1996 - Nov 1997, Diet Therapy Craftsman, 10th Nutritional Medicine Squadron, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
8. November 1997 - June 2000, Military Training Leader, Cadet Squadron 4, 34th Training Wing, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
9. June 2000 - August 2003, Chief Military Training Leader, 335th Training Squadron, Keesler AFB, Miss.
10. August 2003 - January 2004, Assistant to the Training Group Commander, 81st Training Group, Keesler AFB, Miss.
11. May 2004 - May 2005, First Sergeant, 9th Medical Group, Beale AFB, Calif.
12. June 2005 - January 2007, First Sergeant, 23rd Logistics Readiness Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
13. January 2007 - February 2008, First Sergeant, 822d Security Forces Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
14. February 2008 - July 2008, First Sergeant, 23rd Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
15. July 2008 - July 2010, Security Forces Manager, 23rd Security Forces Squadron, Moody AFB, Ga.
16. July 2010 - July 2011, Security Forces Manager, 386th Security Forces Squadron, Southwest Asia
17. July 2011 - July 2012, Group Superintendent, 325th Mission Support Group, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
18. August 2012 - present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 355th Fighter Wing, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
1989 Military Image Award, NCO Prep School, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
1995 NCO of the Year, Nutritional Medicine Squadron, 59th Medical Wing, Wilford Hall Medical Center, Lackland AFB, Texas
1997 John L. Levitow Award, Peterson AFB Noncommissioned Officer Academy
1999 NCO of the Year, United States Air Force Academy, Colo.
1999 Colorado Springs, Colorado Chamber of Commerce NCO of the Year
2001 Senior Military Training Leader of the Year, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2002 Senior Military Training Leader of the Year, Keesler AFB, Miss.
2004 Distinguished Graduate, United States First Sergeant Academy
2006 First Sergeant of the Year, Moody AFB, Ga.
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant, October 1, 2008
(Current as of August 2012)