355th Logistics Readiness Squadron Spotlight
Published September 20, 2012
355th Logistics Readiness Squadron (LRS)
The origin of the 355th Logistics Readiness Squadron dates back to when the unit was constituted as the 355th Supply Squadron. It was activated 3 Nov 65 and subsequently re-designated later on 15 Jan 03 as the 355th Logistics Readiness Squadron. The assignments have included: the 355th Tactical Fighter Wing (8 Nov 65 - 10 Dec 70); 836th Air Division (1 Jan - 1 Oct 81); 355th Logistics Group (1 May 92) and finally the 355th Mission Support Group (30 Sep 2001 to present).
· Stations: Takhli RTAFB, Thailand, 8 Nov 1965-10 Dec 1970; Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ, 30 Sep1976 - 1 Oct 1981; Davis-Monthan AFB, AZ, 1 May 1992 - present.
· Campaign Streamers: Vietnam: Vietnam Defensive; Vietnam Air; Vietnam Air Offensive; Vietnam Air Offensive, Phase II; Vietnam Air Offensive, Phase III; Vietnam Air Offensive, Phase IV; TET 69/Counteroffensive; Vietnam Summer/Fall 1969; Vietnam Winter/Spring 1970; Sanctuary Counteroffensive; Southwest Monsoon; Commando Hunt V.
· Unit Decorations: Presidential Unit Citations (Southeast Asia): 1 Jan-10 Oct 1966; 11-12 Aug and 24--28 Oct 1967. Air Force Outstanding Unit Awards with Combat "V" Device: 12 Oct 1966-11 Apr 1967; 12 Apr 1967-11 Apr 1968; 1 Jul 1969-24 Nov 1970. Air Force Outstanding Unit Awards: 1 Oct 1976-31 May 1978; [1 May] 1992-31 Jul 1993; 1 Aug 1993-31 Jul 1994; 1 Jun 1995-31 May 1997; 1 Jun 1998-31 May 2000; 1 Jun 2002-31 May 2004; 1 Jun 2004-31 May 2006; 1 Jun 2007-31 May 2009. Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm: 1 Apr 1966-10 Dec 1970.
"LRS... OUT IN FRONT!"
Mission (Mission Statement):
Plan, supply and distribute worldwide expeditionary combat support for the 355 FW's 82 A-10s, 21 C-130s, 11 HH-60s. Directs operations for $121M Supply Account, a 3.4M gallon ($49M) fuel storage area and all installation transportation to include operating and maintaining an 857-vehicle fleet worth over $67M. Leads all aspects of the Desert Lightning Team's contingency operations and the readiness of 1.6K Unit Type Codes, totaling over 6.3K passengers/2.3K short tons of equipment as well as reception support.
A unified team of proud logistics professionals, focused on providing world-class agile combat support to the warfighter while simultaneously meeting the challenges of the future!
The 355 LRS is comprised of over 480 military and civil service members. Together we form a vast network of Active Duty and Civilian logistics professionals that deliver quality products and services to our customers. At any given day, we have personnel deployed around the world, including every area of responsibility (AOR). With this in mind, we are able to continuously deliver Agile Combat Support and Expeditionary Combat Support while improving the quality of the products and services we deliver. While we as a unit execute our missions across distinctive logistics lines from material management, fuel, deployment/distribution to vehicle management, together we form a strong and cohesive team that supports 114 DLT aircraft composed of four diverse airframes. Lastly, our three top awards are as follows:
- 355 FW (Including LRS) - 2011 ACC Air Force Outstanding Unit Award
- (5) ACC LCAP and (1) ACC ORI Outstanding Teams
- (2) ACC LCAP and (3) ACC ORI Outstanding Performers