CHIEF MASTER SERGEANT LLOYD J. HOLLEN II
Published May 21, 2008
Chief Master Sergeant Lloyd J. Hollen II is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Twelfth Air Force (Air Forces Southern), Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz. He advises the commander on matters influencing the health, welfare, morale and effective utilization of assigned enlisted personnel. Twelfth Air Force comprises seven active duty wings and three direct reporting units with more than 400 aircraft and more than 33,000 active duty military and civilian personnel throughout the western and mid-western United States. The command also ensures the operational readiness of Twelfth Air Force-gained wings of the Air Force Reserve (4) and Air National Guard (13), featuring an additional 18,800 personnel and more than 200 aircraft. As the air and space component to U.S. Southern Command, Twelfth Air Force's mission is to oversee Air Force assets, five forward operating locations, and civil and military engagements in Central/South America, and the Caribbean.
Chief Hollen's background includes tours in Security Forces, Intelligence and First Sergeant career fields. His assignments have included bases in Delaware, Illinois, Texas, New Jersey, Virginia, Korea, Royal Air Force Alconbury and Mildenhall, Florida, Qatar, Washington D.C. and Arizona. Chief Hollen grew up in Ashville, Pa., prior to entering the Air Force in 1981. Chief Hollen is married to the former Carol Reed of Galliztin, Pa.; they have two sons, Terry and Brad.
1984 Noncommissioned Officer Preparatory School
1986 Noncommissioned Officer Leadership School
1991 Noncommissioned Officer Academy
1994 Associate Degree in Police Administration, Community College of the Air Force
1995 Associate Degree in Communications Technology, Community College of the Air Force
1999 USAF First Sergeant Academy
2000 Associate Degree in Human Resource Management, Community College of the Air Force
2000 USAF Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2005 USAF Senior Leadership Course, Center for Creative Leadership, Calif.
2006 USAF Chief Master Sergeant Leadership Course, Gettysburg College, Pa.
2007 Bachelor of Science in Management/Human Resources, Park University, Mo.
2007 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education
1. May 1981 - Jul 1981, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. Jul 1981 - Aug 1981, Student, Air Force Police Academy, Lackland AFB, Texas
3. Aug 1981 - Sep 1981, Air Base Ground Defense Training, Ft Sam Houston, San Antonio, Texas
4. Sep 1981 - Sep 1982, Security Specialist, Kunsan AB, Korea
5. Sep 1982 - Jun 1989, Security Specialist, Dover AFB, Del.
6. Jun 1989 - Aug 1990, Military Security Force, Pentagon, Washington D.C.
7. Aug 1990 - Sep 1991, NCOIC, Security Police Training, Scott AFB, Ill.
8. Sep 1991 - Apr 1992, Student, Goodfellow AFB, Texas
9. Apr 1993 - Jul 1995, NCOIC, Wing Intelligence, Dover AFB, Del.
Jun 1994 - Jul 1994, Deployed to Port-a-Prince, Haiti, Operation Uphold/Restore Democracy
10. Jul 1995 - Jul 1998, Superintendent, Division of Analysis, Joint Analysis Center, RAF Molesworth, UK
May 1997 - Sep 1997 Deployed to Sarajevo, Bosnia, Operation Joint Endeavor
11. Jul 1998 - Jul 1999, Superintendent, Intelligence Flight, Headquarters Scott AFB, Ill.
12. Jul 1999 - Jul 2000, First Sergeant, 305th Communications Squadron, McGuire AFB, N.J.
13. Jul 2000 - Jul 2001, First Sergeant, 605th Aircraft Generation Squadron, McGuire AFB, N.J.
14. Jul 2001 - Jun 2004, First Sergeant, 488th Intelligence Squadron, RAF Mildenhall, England
Jan 2002 - Mar 2002, Deployed to Incirlik AB, Turkey, Operation Northern Watch May 2002 - Sep 2002, Deployed to Prince Sultan AB, Saudi Arabia, Operation Southern Watch
15. Jun 2004 - Apr 2005, First Sergeant, Logistics Readiness Squadron, McGuire AFB, New Jersey
16. Apr 2005 - Oct 2005, Superintendent, Mission Support Group, McGuire AFB, N.J.
May 2005 - Sep 2005, Deployed to Al Dhafra AB, UAE, Operation Enduring/Iraqi Freedom
17. Oct 2005 - Jun 2007, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 6th Air Mobility Wing, MacDill AFB, Fla.
18. Jun 2007 - Apr 2008, Command Chief Master Sergeant, 379th Air Expedionary Wing, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
19. Apr 2008 - Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Twelfth Air Force, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious service Medal with 3 oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal with 1 oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with 5 oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with 2 oak leaf clusters
Joint Meritorious Unit Award with 2 oak leaf clusters
AF Outstanding Unit Award with Valor Device and 6 oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal with 3 oak leaf clusters
Southwest Asia Service Medal with bronze star device
Global War of Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War of Terrorism Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
NATO Medal for Yugoslavia
Kuwait Liberation Medal Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Kuwait Liberation Medal Government of Kuwait
436th Airlift Wing Outstanding Security Police NCO Specialist of the Year 1986 & 1987
Communicator's Award NCO Leadership School 1986
HQ AMC Outstanding Intelligence SNCO of the Year 1994
Honor Graduate and Commandant Award First Sergeant Academy Class 99-E
Team Mildenhall First Sergeant of the Year 2002
Summa Cum Laude Park University
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Airman Basic May 1981
Airman Jul 1981
Airman First Class Jan 1982
Senior Airman Oct 1983
Sergeant Oct 1984
Staff Sergeant Jan 1985
Technical Sergeant May 1990
Master Sergeant May 1994
Senior Master Sergeant Oct 1999
Chief Master Sergeant Apr 2004