Ms. Daneen Rivera
Published November 05, 2007
- Spearheaded Christmas Gift Wrap Project, organized 50+ volunteers, within our organization in addition to 10 other base organizations. Served as holiday ambassadors to base community for 300+ hours, raising over $4000.00 to benefit many of our Charitable causes (United Way, Air Force Village, D-M Base Library Summer Reading, D-M Car Seat Program, Heartlink, VA Hospital, Operation Warmheart, the D-M Layette program, and others)
- Directed the collection and distribution efforts of over 1,000 dozen cookies that were provided to airmen both on base and at many remote locations throughout the world, in addition to supplying several hundred dozen to the security forces, D-M Base Chapel "Starry Snowy Nights", VA Hospital, as well as to many of our troops working the over-night shifts.
- Was responsible for planning and organizing annual silent auction & Gala to benefit our Scholarship program, which raised over $21,000, to be distributed to 18 dependants of Active duty members assigned to D-M, to help them to obtain either an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Assisted in implementing plans for future move of Thrift Store to alternate location with minimal closure and impact on D-M community and volunteers. Aided in hiring of Thrift Store manager and implementation of new policies and procedures to create a more inviting and friendly atmosphere to encourage donations and generate income.
- Coordinated, collected, and delivered items for the VA Hospital and Casa Maria at Christmas, to include books, magazines, toiletries, clothing and other personal items.
- Volunteered time and did peer-counseling to pregnant mothers in crisis at the Crisis Pregnancy Center of Tucson.
- Assisted and trained staff and faculty at St. Augustine Catholic High School, in planning and holding first ever senior "Kairos" Retreat, for all seniors and select juniors.
- Organized and directed many fundraising activities, both within our organization and base wide to support the 25+ base, local, and national charities the D-M Officers' Spouses' Club contributes to.
- Daneen works tirelessly to support activities both on and off base to help educate, support, and promote the mission of the Air Force and the D-M community.