The mission of the Retired Activities Office is to solicit volunteers to participate in and support various base programs. The regulation governing the RAO operation is AFI 136-3106. Some specific tasking are:
- Conduct Retiree Orientation Programs explaining veteran’s rights and entitlements.
- Tax and Estate planning.
- Volunteer recognition.
- Support the Staff Judge Advocate Volunteer Income Tax Program.
- Conduct Retiree Orientation Appreciation Day Briefings.
- Provide volunteers to attend base-level Advisory Councils.
- Publish a Retiree Newsletter.