Did you know the Command Cyber Readiness Inspection (CCRI) is coming to Davis-Monthan from April 29 to May 3, 2019? The CCRI is aimed at improving security of the Department of Defense Information Network and is designed to evaluate a military installation’s overall cybersecurity posture. The end goal is to slam the door on our adversaries, here are a few tips on how you can help.
1. Ensure NIPR machines are RESTARTED, but not powered off, at least once a week.
2. Ensure SIPR machines and TACLANEs are powered on during the mandatory SIPR up-time every Wednesday and Thursday 0800-1600.
3. Ensure CACs & SIPR tokens are not left unattended.
4. Digitally sign all emails containing embedded hyperlinks, attachments, or any official information.
5. Do not share or write down passwords.
6. Read all Cyber Security notifications. These contain vital information necessary to ensure that Desert Lightning networks remain protected at all times.
7. Ensure every computer workstation has a DMAFB VA33-200 (Davis-Monthan Network Incident Reporting Aid) posted nearby.
8. Carefully follow instructions of unit Cyber Security Liaison (CSL) and Unit Security Manager (USM).
REMINDER: SIPR devices must be connected to the network to receive security patches and track accountability. Security patches are a critical component of cybersecurity.